Disclaimer

I do have the express written consent of the New York Islanders to use their logo on this website.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Nassau Coliseum: The Final Countdown

We have nearly reached the end of our time at Nassau Coliseum. As the end gets closer, I will be posting my photos of some of my favorite times at the Coliseum and relating to my life as an Islanders fan. This team has been a big part of me growing up, and now I feel like it is going to be taken away from me.

Part 1
When I was younger, I was a member of the New York Islanders Booster Club. They had meetings with players a few times over the course of the season. This is the first player I've ever met and the first autograph I've ever gotten, former Islanders captain Mike Peca.

Both the hat and jersey I am wearing in that photo are now adorned with signatures from Islanders legends and hang in my bedroom. This was just the beginning of my lifelong love for the Islanders.

1 comment: